Sunday, July 19, 2020

renovation project


                                      

This week my focus was mostly on ME !!! and MY new bedroom. Since Emmie came to us, almost three years ago I have been sharing a bedroom with her. She was always a bad sleeper, woke up often during the night and just to make it easier and to make sure noone else would wake up, I had her crib in my room ... we were roomies for the last three years. Now that little fire cracker is almost three and things are getting a little easier. She sleeps through the night, most of the times and she knows I am just in the next room if she needs me. G and I have never shared a bedroom. We both have trouble sleeping and we discovered quick that if we share a bedroom we will keep each other awake even more. Sp after three years I am back to having my own space. yay :) The two girls are now sharing a big bedroom and they love it. I took one of the smaller rooms ... and started renovations last weekend. The room had been green since we moved in here and even though I didn't like the colour much, I never changed it because it looked like it had just been painted.
But now the green had to go. I wanted a room that is me !!!


After I applied a primer to all walls, I panted three in a very light sand colour. The fourth wall was gonna be my colour wall. I picked orange, my favourite colour. The small window in the picture will be replaced by a patio door, I can't wait for that !!!!


My orange wall and my little helper. 
Emmie is one of those kids that sneaks off and gets into everything...whenever she gets the chance. Every time it seems to quiet in the house u can be sure Emmie is up to something.
She covered the whole bathroom in diaper cream one time, the other time she painted her feed with nail polish, she got into face paint and painted her whole body, she found a marker and drew on our couch, she emptied all toothpaste bottles all over the bathroom .... and she loved my orange wall !!!
So much that she snuck into my room when we were having summer, only to paint some scribbles onto the white wall with the orange paint. Now I can laugh about all those things but that moment ... I thought I was gonna lose it ... haha I had some left over paint and was able to cover it up quickly...phew


Next was the ugly carpets turn. IT was all glued down and a pain in the butt, literally, my back is still hurting, to get out.



I put playwood down for flooring. It was the quickest and cheapest fix. There is no budget for fancy flooring right now...and I like it actually, with a coat of paint, it turned out nice


Here we go !!! My new bedroom. The other side of the room has a little area for my desk, where I am sitting right now. I love it. I don't need to sneal around anymore, I can turn the light on, listen to music, read ... noone here I could wake up ;) There is a picture missing above the bed. I have one picked out, I just need to find a frame for it




I thinned out my beets the other day and we had beet greens for supper...I love them. Beets and their greens are my garden favourites every year


WE had a huge storm on Monday night. We had several big trees down, one hydro line broke, one hydro line was lose, trees fell on our fences and broke them. It was a mess and quite scary to be honest. We have lots of huge trees around the house and I am always worried that one will fall onto the house. No buildings were damaged but the hydro disaster was bad enough. 


And here my favourite picture of last week. A nest of little barn swallows. Aren't they just adorable how they sit there waiting for momma. They are nesting in the goats barn. I love the swallows. I love to watch them zoom through the air and I love the fact that they eat all the mosquitos in the goat barn. Lots of people complain about them, they build nests everywhere and of course they poop everywhere...but hey...I take some bird poop any time if that means I have a mosquito free zone.

WE got a brake from the heat today. Only 19c and it was cloudy and some rain all day. It was actually nice, it seemed like everyone including the critters was taking a deep breath. We will be back to sweltering heat by the weekend. 
Hope everyone stays cool and hydrated. 

til next time, take it easy 🐐 

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh Sis, your room is FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love that orange wall and your bedding...the decor, just fabulous. It looks like such a retreat, great job! We have plywood floors too, for now that's how they'll stay, our budget has been blown for the next 4 years because of the new well. But we're happy. :) The beet greens look delicious. Oh the barn swallows! They really are cute, they stay like that all the time while mom is away? Very neat. We had some spectacular thunderstorms here too and luckily had power the whole time. Our heat is rising too, heat warnings today. But at least I'm able to start the mountain of laundry. It should dry pretty fast on the line now! :) Life is pretty good isn't it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life is good indeed :) yes the little swallows sat there all day waiting for mommy. One fell out one day and we picked it up carefully and put it back in the nest. He seemed to be ok. Now the little guys are already flying around the barn.
    Thank u for the compliments on the bedroom. I really love it too :)

    ReplyDelete